Friday, May 28, 2010

My Birthday Gift: The Last Deadline

Today is my birthday and I am pleased with how today's class is going so far. Everyone in the class sang happy birthday to me, the bag of destiny had some interesting results, and today is the last deadline day.
That last one may be the best thing of all and I'm not saying that because everyone in the class sings poorly (they do, but I still appreciate it). After today we all have more time to give to the other stages of hell.

Lets be honest here everyone, we all need this extra time. I have spoken to most of you about the podcast stage of hell and a majority of you have not even started. I have already been told by Mr. Greene that when next week comes it is going to be difficult to get recording equipment, so this stage will be an adventure to get finished.

There is also the new journalism story, which for me, is going well. Ehhh, just OK actually. I am guessing (I know, but don't want Mr. Greene to know) I am a bit further than everyone and I have just a few paragraphs down.

Then there is the clip file. This is not too time consuming, but is another stage of hell that many have not started. It involves creating a resume and cover letter as well as editing some of your best stories written during the semester.

All of this work is what makes the final deadline a good thing. Now there will be extra time to finish things up. The last stages of hell await us. Lets get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment